“There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
At the heart of the Christian faith is love. Love requires us to lay down our freedoms for others. We also take special care to protect those who are most vulnerable among us. COVID19 specifically preys upon the most vulnerable—those with underlying health conditions. As such we have a responsibility to do what we can to prevent them from becoming infected.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
We have a responsibility to be a witness to the world and show the love, compassion, mercy, and wisdom of Jesus. Part of that calling is handling earthly principles well. This is shown in the biblical concept of stewardship. We have been given much wisdom from scientists, government, and medical professionals. We want to appear to the world watching us as being wise and not putting the community at risk for additional infection.
After much study and prayer, here is Elevated Church’s current framework we will be using to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 in a Christian ethos
- Hand Sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content has been shown to kill COVID-19. Elevated Church has placed two automated hand sanitizing stations in the church lobby and in the youth hall and are encouraging all members and guests to use the station prior to entering the sanctuary.
- Cotton Masks have been shown to limit the spread of COVID-19. Considering this, Elevated Church is recommending and providing the use of masks while on campus.
- In order to reduce the likelihood of infection, people who do not live in the same household are encouraged to maintain six feet of distance. All rows have been spaced out accordingly in the sanctuary and members and guests are encouraged to skip three seats between households when sitting in the same row. Users will be assisting during the seating process. Additionally, to limit the amount of people in the lobby, dismissal will be done by rows.
- We recognize that members and guests will have a desire to socialize. We would ask that the parking lot become the new lobby due to the ability to distance more effectively combined with outdoor ventilation. Please enter the building and find your seat, and conversely when you’re exiting wait until the lobby to socialize.
- We have implemented a cleaning program to disinfect surfaces between services. To clean effectively, we have also closed off the balcony area. We, we recommend limiting the use of restrooms and other common areas.
- One of the ways we can detect COVID19 is through temperature checks. All members and guests will be asked to participate in a temperature check prior to entering the building. It is possible to transmit the virus without having a fever, but this is a good tool to use.
- We encourage all members and guests if they are not feeling well to stay home. If they have symptoms that are related to COVID 19, please get tested as soon as possible.
- If any member or guest does become diagnosed with COVID19, please inform us as soon as possible so we can work in conjunction with the FDOH to self-quarantine and let people know their risks.
If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected]
 Galatians 5:13
 1 Corinthians 12:23