Well, if it’s not a sing-along, what is it?For me, Worship can be expressed no better than the Psalmist wrote in Ps 100:2-4:
Come before His presence with singing” and “enter His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with
But how do we do that? Think of it as:
- An offering. Heb. 13:15 . . . “offer the sacrifice of praise”
- An obedient act. Mt. 4:10 . . . “you shall worship the Lord”
- An opportunity. Jn.4:23 . . . “true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth:for the Father is seeking such to worship Him”
Feel your spirit stir as worship begins. The leader may present different styles of worship songs,but their function is still the same – lead us to the throne room to worship.
- Whether we are feeling a personal “I” moment with God or a corporate “we” moment, it is worship!
- Whether we are celebrating an “awesome God” moment or mourning a “broken world”moment, it is still worship!
- Whether we hit a high of perfect sound or an off-key cry to God, it is still worship!
It is not just a sing-along on our part. It is not just a performance by the worship team. It is meaningful and purposeful act that God loves and rewards!
And for us:
- It is where our heart meets heaven
- It is where we unlock our soul
- It is where we meet God
Have you had the experience? Don’t leave earth without it!